Disclosure: When you purchase a product or a service through our website, we earn a small commission – read more
Are you looking for the most effective WordPress mailing list plugin to grow your email list?
Maybe you need a primary plugin for creating opt-in forms. Or, maybe you want a full-featured list building plugin that gives superior options resembling split-testing, lead magnet delivery, or multi-step varieties and many others.
There are so many plugins in the marketplace but which do you have to select?
In this post, you will discover the most effective WordPress email list building plugins on the market – broken down by category.
First, we’ll take a look at email subscription plugins, then we’ll take a look at landing page plugins and different varieties of opt-in form plugins.
And In the end, I’ll share recommendations for various use cases.
Ready? Let’s get started.
The best WordPress email subscription plugins
Want so as to add opt-in varieties to your WordPress website? No downside. These WordPress plugins make it easy to add opt-in forms that convert.
1. Thrive Leads
Thrive Leads is probably the most feature-intensive WordPress email subscription plugin on the market.
This highly effective plugin allows you to design and deploy opt-in varieties utilizing a drag & drop editor. Customize one of many 60+ included templates or create the right opt-in kind from scratch.
Then, select the way you need your varieties to be displayed. You can set sure kind varieties to look primarily based on exit intent, time on web page, or quite a lot of different triggers.
And, you’ll be able to show varieties on particular posts and pages or by way of classes, tags, and many others. And create devoted varieties for cell and desktop.
You can run A/B assessments to search out what converts finest on your viewers. Duplicate a kind to check copy & design modifications or take a look at totally different kind varieties towards one another for optimum conversions.
Thrive Leads additionally provides you deep reporting and analytical insights so you’ll be able to perceive how your varieties are performing, and where your highest converting traffic comes from.
Thrive Leads key features:
- Supports virtually each kind of opt-in kind – Add mobile-specific forms, 2-step forms, popovers, in-content forms, after publish forms, slide-ins, widgets, content lockers, ribbons, and more.
- API integrations and custom HTML forms – Most email providers are supported. Custom HTML forms present a method to join any that aren’t supported.
- Boost conversions with SmartLinks – Display totally different content to those who have already signed as much as your email list. Great for boosting product sales after people be part of your mailing list.
Thrive Leads pricing:
Plans start from $67 for 1 year of support and unlimited updates. Or purchase their membership plan to unlock all different plugins (together with quizzes, landing pages, headline optimization, and more).
Learn more in This Thrive Leads review
ConvertPro is a popular WordPress opt-in form plugin from Brainstorm Force. The same company behind the Astra Theme and Schema Pro plugin.
With this plugin, you can deploy a wide range of opt-in kind varieties utilizing a drag & drop editor. And leverage loads of focusing on & behavioural set off choices.
You get entry kind varieties you’d count on resembling popovers, widgets, slide-ins, and many others. As effectively because the extra superior varieties resembling sure/no forms, multi-state, and content material locking.
You’ll discover help for a variety of email service providers such as Mailerlite, ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign, AWeber, SendinBlue, GetResponse, MailChimp, and more (view full list).
ConvertPro is a modular plugin. What does this mean? While it’s loaded with helpful options, you’ll be able to disable those you don’t want. This will enhance your website’s performance.
Modules you’ll be able to disable include the likes of reporting, A/B testing, email integrations, etc.
Advanced targeting performance lets you create varieties focusing on particular countries, all EU countries, or non-EU countries, for instance. You can even goal particular gadgets such as cell & desktop.
ConvertPro key features:
- Advanced display triggers – The widest choice of show triggers I’ve present in a plugin. Includes time on page, inactivity, scroll to CSS class, exit intent, and more. They might be stacked and configured groups.
- Advanced targeting performance – Ensure the correct people see the right forms in your website. Target forms to specific pages, posts or taxonomies. Geographical focusing on additionally out there.
- Modular plugin design – Turn off the options you don’t want to improve web site performance.
$99 for unlimited websites. Their agency bundle is $249 and includes entry to all of their different products including Astra Pro, Schema Pro, and more.
ConvertBox is a hidden gem on the planet of lead technology tools. It’s a SaaS platform that connects directly to WordPress.
Over the years I’ve examined a number of tools designed to create e mail join varieties however this has the only user interface I’ve tried.
I can go from opening the editor to publishing a kind in minutes. There aren’t many templates to select from however these which can be out there look nice.
You can create a number of totally different kind varieties – sticky bars, popovers, slide-ins, embedded varieties and full page forms. New options are added often.
You can run A/B break up tests quickly by duplicating an present kind, show your forms the URL’s you choose or exclude (or classes and tags if you have their WordPress plugin installed.)
There are quite a lot of focusing on guidelines you should use which embody gadget kind, location, URL string, referring web site, and more.
What stands out above all else is how simple it’s to arrange a number of choice forms where every answer can assign subscribers to a different tag/group/list – that is extremely powerful when used for email segmentation funnels.
ConvertBox key features:
- API integrations and custom HTML forms – Most email service providers are supported, but when yours isn’t – you should use their customized HTML kind possibility.
- Advanced show and focusing on choices – Display varieties when customers are about to go away, on a timer, link click, and many others. Then choose precisely which web page, and which focusing on choices (location, referring web site, and many others.) you need to use.
- Real-time analytics – See precisely how your forms and split-tests are performing. Not only will you see leads, views, and conversion charges, however you’ll also see interactions.
$395 lifetime offer available for a restricted time. Supports 500,000 monthly impressions and 50 websites. After that, it looks to be priced at $99/month. Unfortunately we have no ETA on when their pricing will changes.
Bloom is a full-featured list building plugin for WordPress, created by the team at Elegant Themes.
Use this plugin so as to add 6 different types of opt-in forms – together with popovers, widgets, fly-ins, under publish forms, inline forms, and content lockers.
There isn’t a visible editor or perhaps a reside preview such as you get with ConvertPro and Thrive Leads – but the edit is simple to use.
You get entry to a number of templates however most of them look fairly comparable. Unlimited e mail accounts might be linked, and there’s a customized HTML kind possibility for any providers there isn’t a direct API integration for.
Good analytics performance and focusing on options are included.
Bloom key features:
- Simple editor with loads of templates – It’s not a drag & drop editor but it’s easy to use.
- Built-in kind analytics – Everything it’s essential to monitor performance.
- Advanced targeting – Display opt-in forms on particular pages, posts, and classes. Exclude from specific pages when needed.
$89/year for unlimited web sites and entry to all different Elegant Themes products. Including the popular Divi theme, a social sharing plugin and more.
5. WP Subscribe
WP Subscribe is a free opt-in form plugin for WordPress that is extremely lightweight.
This plugin is free and designed to be so simple as possible.
Just install & activate, then head to your widgets page and add the widget to whichever widget area you like.
It’s pretty restricted but in the event you solely need to add primary opt-in forms to widget areas – it could be all you need.
There is a professional model of this plugin which affords the choice to alter colors, show exit intent popovers, and more.
WP Subscribe key features:
- Support for several e mail providers – Currently, MailChimp, AWeber and Feedburner are supported.
- Simple opt-in varieties – Easily add an opt-in kind to widget areas in your WordPress web site.
- Pro model adds extra features and integrations – This contains further integrations for MailRelay, Mad Mimi, MailPoet, Mailerlite, GetResponse, and more.
WP Subscribe pricing:
FREE. Pro model prices $29 for 1 web site or $59 for unlimited websites.
6. WP Notification Bar Pro
WP Notification Bar Pro makes it easy so as to add notification bars to the highest or backside of your WordPress website.
You can select to show an opt-in kind inside notification bars, or you’ll be able to show textual content & a button linking to one in all your touchdown pages.
You can even show textual content, hyperlinks to your social profiles, or a timer.
This plugin lets you select the place in your web site your notification bars are displayed, and who it’s exhibited to.
For instance, you may select to indicate sure bars solely on cell, whereas hiding them on the desktop. Or you may create particular bars for Search Engine Visitors.
Precedence might be set in case there are a number of bars exhibiting on a single web page – this ensures guests don’t see a number of bars.
There is a free version of this plugin that can be utilized to link to landing pages or show customized content but there isn’t an opt-in kind performance.
WP Notification Bar Pro key features:
- A/B break up testing – Discover what converts best on your viewers.
- Basic analytics – Track which notification bars your guests are clicking on.
- Supports hottest email suppliers – This contains MailChimp, GetResponse, AWeber, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, EnergeticCampaign, Benchmark, Sendinblue, Drip, ConvertKit, Mad Mimi, and extra.
- Several bar types – Opt-in kind, timer, text, button, social profiles, and more.
WP Notification Bar Pro pricing:
$29 for one website. Unlock unlimited websites for $59.
Get WP Notification Bar Pro
7. MailChimp for WordPress (MC4WP)
As you’ve in all probability guessed from the identify, MailChimp for WordPress helps you join your WordPress website together with your MailChimp account.
If you’re looking for a fast and easy approach to add opt-in forms to your website, and you use MailChimp – this plugin is a nice free option.
It’s considerably restricted on massive options nevertheless it adds some smaller options that different plugins don’t offer.
For instance, you’ll be able to add “tick to subscribe” containers to remark varieties, registration varieties, WooCommerce checkout pages, and extra.
You get full management over kind fields and might simply customize colors to match your web site’s branding.
MC4WP key options:
- The easy approach so as to add opt-in forms – Quick to integrate with primary customization.
- Click to subscribe tick field function – Add tick containers to feedback, registration forms, and extra.
- Integrates nicely with other popular plugins – Integrates well with WooCommerce, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, WPForms, BuddyPress, MemberPress, and more.
MC4WP pricing: Free
The best landing page builders for WordPress
Using a dedicated landing web page is an effective way to get extra email subscribers. They’re ideal for paid site visitors and so they convert far better than an opt-in form in your blog.
These WordPress plugins make it simple to create email seize pages, gross sales pages, and other funnel pages.
I extremely advocate testing my article on WordPress landing page plugins, but listed below are my high picks:
8. Thrive, Architect
Thrive Architect is likely one of the finest touchdown web page plugins in the marketplace. With its drag & drop editor and themed template units, it’s ideal for creating email seize pages.
With this plugin, you get one of the best visible editors round giving you the ability to customize freely. Including the choice to alter how pages show on cell devices. For instance, you’ll be able to hide sure elements from cell devices.
Start your landing page from scratch or one of many 270+ landing page templates.
Templates include webinar pages, course pages, opt-in form pages, sales pages, and more.
Thrive Architect key features:
- 270+ landing page templates – Grouped into themed units so you can build sales funnels with consistent branding.
- Build landing pages faster with page blocks – Build entire pages in minutes using pre-designed content material blocks.
- Deep integration with different Thrive Themes merchandise – When you employ different plugins resembling Thrive Leads, Thrive Quiz Builder, and Thrive Comments – they seem as elements to add inside Thrive Architect.
- A/B split-testing add-on available – While you can use a free device like Google Optimize, it’s a lot quicker to make use of this add-on instead. Get the Thrive Optimize bundle – it contains the core plugin and split-testing add-on.
Thrive Architect pricing:
$67 for unlimited updates and 1 year of support. Or purchase their membership plan to unlock all of their other products. Including Thrive Leads, Thrive Quiz Builder, and more.
9. OptimizePress 3
OptimizePress is a conversion-suite that features a highly effective plugin for building landing pages and sales funnels.
If you’ve heard about OptimizePress before – forget everything you’ve heard.
With version 3, their entire plugin was re-built from the ground up.
OptimizePress now has the fastest editor I’ve tested. That’s from both a back-end and front-end loading perspective. And from a UX perspective, it beats a lot of SaaS platforms I’ve tested.
It comes with plenty of templates for all sorts of funnel pages and it’s own WordPress theme that allows you to add opt-in forms to your site – right out of the box.
There’s also a funnel builder that lets you build entire sales funnels, A/B test your landing pages, and view detailed analytics.
Their checkout add-on lets you build checkout pages and handle the entire process of selling digital products. Right from integrating fee providers like Stripe to delivering digital products to your customers.
OptimizePress key features:
- 100+ landing page templates – Create all types of types of landing pages & funnel pages using these templates.
- Page sections – Similar to Thrive Architect’s page blocks, you can add pre-designed content material blocks to speed up the design process.
- WordPress theme – Includes a customizable theme with opt-in kind performance.
- Funnel builder – Create entire sales funnels easily. Funnel types include launch funnels, list building funnels, webinar funnels, and more.
- A/B testing & analytics – No want to make use of an exterior plugin like Google Optimize.
- Checkout builder – Build your own checkout pages and combine directly with fee providers like Stripe.
The landing page builder starts at $99/yr. OptimizeFunnels and all different add-ons are available for $199/year and can be used on 20 personal sites.
Leadpages is a lead generation platform with a great landing page builder that integrates directly with WordPress.
Due to Leadpages being a SaaS app, it hosts all of your landing pages for you. You can host landing pages on a Leadpages URL or you can use their WordPress plugin to combine directly together with your website.
There are over 100 landing web page templates you’ll be able to customize – this contains e-mail seize pages, lead technology pages, sales pages, webinar pages, and more.
What I really like about Leadpages is convenience and simplicity. I can handle landing pages across multiple domains from a single dashboard and run A/B tests with a few clicks. Then, their reporting reveals to me how my pages are performing.
Other lead generation features include alert bars, popovers, and LeadLinks. Leadpages also doubles as a website builder.
Leadpages key features:
- Leadmeter conversion assistant – This tool evaluates your landing page and offers recommendations as you’re building it.
- Digital asset delivery – Deliver lead magnets to your subscribers using this useful feature.
- Checkout builder – Stripe integration made easy.
- Built-in A/B testing – Run split-tests shortly and view analytics to monitor performance.
The Standard plan starts from $25/month when billed yearly. If you need split-testing, be sure to seize the Pro plan at $48/month when billed annually.
Try Leadpages Free
Other emails capture plugins for WordPress
Aside from including email seize varieties and creating touchdown pages, there are a bunch of different distinctive methods to develop your email listing.
In some cases, these plugins will also help you drive more traffic to your website.
11. Thrive Quiz Builder
Thrive Quiz Builder makes it easy to create viral quizzes that generate traffic and email, subscribers.
Quizzes are one of the vital underrated content material varieties you’ll be able to create. In truth, a buddy of mine used viral quizzes to generate 5,000+ month-to-month guests to a brand new website – with a tiny audience.
They are quick to create and have viral social sharing built-in. Then, you’ll be able to benefit from all of the site visitors you obtain to build your email list.
Simply choose a quiz template (listing constructing on this case), customize your pages, and add your questions & solutions.
And highly effective analytics let you see precisely how your quizzes are performing, and where people are dropping off.
Thrive Quiz Builder key options:
- Show personalized offers to your readers – Instead of guessing what your readers need, you’ll be able to ask them. Then ship really useful content material primarily based on their solutions.
- Segment your email list easily – This is essential to get the most effective efficiency out of your email listing.
- A/B test essential quiz levels to spice up conversions – A/B test your splash web page, opt-in gate, opt-in forms, and results in pages to boost performance.
- Integrates with popular email providers – Thrive have loads of API integrations for widespread suppliers resembling EnergeticCampaign, Drip, ConvertKit, Mailerlite, and extra.
Thrive Quiz Builder pricing:
$67 for unlimited updates and 1 year of support.
RafflePress is a powerful giveaway plugin that can be used to extend traffic, social media followers, and email subscribers
Back when I was managing an advertising company, giveaways had been one in all my favorite advertising techniques to make use of brand new purchasers.
With minimal effort and time, we might considerably enhance site visitors, social followers, and email, subscribers. Free stuff is a robust motivator and viral sharing is built-in to the entry course.
And, you don’t have to pay out for prizes. Just attain out to manufacturers in your niche and ask them to donate prizes. In exchange, they’ll get model awareness and you’ll set further entry methods such as following them on Twitter.
With RafflePress you can arrange your individual giveaways quickly using pre-made templates. And enable all types of entry varieties – becoming a member of your email list, following your social profiles, answering a query, and many others.
You can select to embed your giveaway on any web page or create a giveaway touchdown web page.
RafflePress key features:
- Create viral giveaways quick – A easy consumer interface lets you create giveaways in minutes.
- Embed your giveaway or use a touchdown web page – If you don’t need to create a brand new publish/web page in your weblog, RafflePress can create a distraction-free landing page.
- Integrations for popular email providers – You can use any of the API integrations, connect to Zapier or use a customized web form.
Plans start from $49/year but email integrations require the Pro plan which is $99/year.
How to choose the best WordPress mailing list plugin for you
The finest WordPress mailing list plugin depends on your exact needs and what you’re trying to accomplish.
It’s also price considering what your wants could also be sooner or later as a result of it can save you a fair bit of problem by getting a plugin with more features now.
I’ve included some particular recommendations below (click on under to increase):
What is the best opt-in kind plugin for WordPress?
Balancing cost, features, and usability – Thrive Leads is a clear winner.
If you’re looking for a Thrive Leads alternative – take a look at ConvertPro
What is the most affordable opt-in form plugin for WordPress?
If all you need is opt-in varieties for a single web site – Thrive Leads works out the most cost-effective. But, it will get costlier while you need extra websites.
At which level, ConvertPro finally ends up providing probably the most reasonably priced answer at $99/year for unlimited websites. There’s a lifetime deal out there to save lots of more cash, and an agency deal that features entry to all of their different merchandise.
What is the simplest opt-in kind plugin or device to make use of?
ConvertBox is definitely, probably the most streamlined device I’ve examined for opt-in varieties.
It is a SaaS platform, but it has a WordPress plugin for straightforward integration. Once the plugin is activated, you’ll see choices to focus on varieties utilizing WordPress tags and classes, along with particular person web page URLs.
It’s been in beta for a very long time nevertheless it’s much better than most different SaaS options in the marketplace.
There aren’t many templates however the performance is unbelievable and it’s extraordinarily fast to go from “I want an opt-in form” to having a kind reside in your web site.
I’ve over 500,000 monthly guests. Which mailing listing plugin should I choose?
SaaS opt-in kind tools get extremely expensive at this level. In which case, ConvertPro can be ideal – particularly because it’s a modular plugin so you can flip off options, you don’t need.
Thrive Leads vs ConvertPro? Which should I choose out of the two?
Thrive Leads has extra templates and a greater editor. It’s simpler to make use of and has extra customization choices.
For instance, you’ll be able to create a kind the place you conceal sure components from the cell solely. That is one thing you’ll be able to do with ConvertPro
On the opposite hand, ConvertPro has higher behavioral focusing on performance and lets you disable options you don’t want which is able to enhance web site efficiency.
Thrive Leads works out costlier for a number of web sites however they provide lifetime updates and solely require a help top-up plan exterior of your first yr in the event you need assistance.
Ultimately, you can’t go wrong with both plugins.
What is the most effective free mailing listing plugin for WordPress?
Free mailing list plugins are difficult to supply as a result of they require a lot of upkeep. I’ve tested a number of freemium plugins however most aren’t much use except you pay for the upgrade and at that time, there are usually much better plugins available.
That said, WP Subscribe is a good free plugin from MyThemeStore. It supports MailChimp, AWeber, and Feedburner.
I need to create opt-in varieties and touchdown pages. What WordPress plugins ought to I select?
Thrive Leads and Thrive Architect are nice choices as a result of they’re designed to work collectively. In truth, they use the identical editor so the training curve can be simpler than two totally different plugins.
Also, Thrive Themes provide a membership plan which supplies you entry to all of their different merchandise.
This contains Thrive Quiz Builder, Thrive Comments, Thrive Headline Optimizer, and extra. Click here to learn more
various can be ConvertPro and OptimizePress as each are extraordinarily light-weight. OptimizePress has the advantage of their new funnel builder add-on and a lead technology targeted WordPress theme.
What is the simplest plugin for creating conversion-focused touchdown pages?
If you might have purchasers, or you might have extra price range to play with – contemplate Leadpages.
Since it’s a SaaS app, you’ll be able to construct and deploy touchdown pages without having your individual web site. This is right for short-term touchdown pages. And for different touchdown pages, you’ll be able to join Leadpages utilizing their devoted WordPress plugin.
Leadpages have different lead technology performance and double as a website builder. And the added bonus is that they handle the hosting of your landing pages – ideal if you wish to decrease the load in your server.
Wrapping it up
Building an email list will get easier when you have the right plugin for the job.
The WordPress mailing listing plugins listed above will make it easier to gather emails, generate leads, construct touchdown pages, and extra.
You’ll have the ability to benefit from innovative options and methods that may improve your email sign up conversions considerably.
So, now it’s time to get began. Pick out a plugin and begin constructing your email list.